Monday, February 16, 2009

Support Your Community - Etsy Supply Series

If you're going to make jewelry, you're going to need supplies. So, where should you shop? Well, you could fight the crowds and the crafters by driving to your local crafting big box store to purchase some of their slightly overpriced wares. You could find one of the plethora of online supply shops like Fire Mountain Gems. Or... you could support your Etsy community and purchase from one of Etsy's fine supply shops! There are several great reasons to support shops on Etsy.

Jewelry Suppliers buy jewelry, too!
Not all jewelry suppliers make jewelry, and even if they do, they might like what you make better! Purchasing from an Etsy seller will give you greater exposure and build networking relationships that can be very fruitful.

Feedback, Feedback, Feedback
Purchases on Etsy generate feedback, and if you've built a good repoire with your supplier, you will have a great feedback score on Etsy. Buyers can see that you are a responsible Etsian, and will respond positively.

Support the hand that feeds!
When you support Etsy shops, you're supporting Etsy! If you love the site that gives you the opportunity to have a fantastic storefront, great customer base, and overall great selling experience, you should support the shops that support Etsy!

For the next 5 weeks, this blog will showcase a fantastic Etsy jewelry supply shop. They'll share the reasons they love Etsy, and you'll see the reasons you should love them, too!

There is also a directory of Etsy jewelry supply shops in the making. Soon you'll be able to obtain a list of which shops carry the exact 'thing' you need!



Featured Shop - artebellasurplus

How did you get started selling on Etsy.com?>

My business partner heard about etsy. I researched it and we started our first shop, artebella.etsy.com. I now have 2 of my own shops, artebellasurplus.etsy.com and aboriginals.etsy.com.

Is Etsy your only shop?
No, I just recently opened artebellasurplus.artfire.com.

What sort of supplies do you sell?
Premium Czech glass beads and crystals, Swarovski crystals, recycled glass beads.

What is your favorite item listed in your shop?
Oooooo, that's a hard one! I love all my beads!!

Do you make jewelry, or do you just sell jewelry supplies?
I do make jewelry which I sell locally and on etsy at aboriginals.etsy.com.

Any specials going on that you'd like to tell readers about?
Beginning this weekend, Fri. 2-20 thru Sun 2-22, I will be having an Economy Stimulus sale on many items.



Featured Shop - BeadBead


How did you get started selling on Etsy.com?

I started selling my handmade lampwork beads on Etsy, with a bit of a personal supply destash.

Is Etsy your only shop?

Etsy is my current online venue, although I do have accounts elsewhere, and hope to finish my own website someday.

What sort of supplies do you sell?
I specialize in Czech glass beads, and try to find unique styles and finishes.

What is your favorite item listed in your shop?

I am a total bead addict and can’t simply select one favorite! LOL, I really, really love them all! I am especially fond of the Picasso finish, which gives beads a vintage vibe and I also really love sparklies, with partial finishes of gold, silver or luster.

Do you make jewelry, or do you just sell jewelry supplies?
Yes, I do make jewelry and have over 20 years experience in creating jewelry! I have many treasured life-long customers.

Any specials going on that you'd like to tell readers about?
I just re-evaluated all my prices and marked down all my beads! The pricing is awesome! I specialize in small quantities so you can buy many styles of beads without having to spend much. I also ship internationally and every package is fully insured, and I back that up with a 100% No Questions Asked Guarantee!







Featured Shop - bubbasgemstones

How did you get started selling on Etsy.com?
Back in 2002, my daughter and I got interested in rockhounding. After getting several stones cut, we realized that we needed to do something with them, besides just admiring them in their gem jars. My daughter and I learned to set stones and make jewelry. Soon we were addicted and wanted to make more jewelry than we could possibly wear in a lifetime. As we started needing supplies, we noticed that we needed to make large minimum dollar purchases, and buy in bulk, to get reasonable prices. As such, we decided to spread the advantage of our large minimum dollar/bulk purchases with others. We are able to offer precious metal jewelry findings and supplies at prices which are competitive with most wholesale distributors without requiring purchases of large quantities of individual items, or large minimum dollar purchases for each order. In addition, we are able to offer lower shipping rates than most wholesale distributors.

Is Etsy your only shop?
No, I also have a shop at http://bubbasgemstones.artfire.com, where I can offer a $0.20 discount for each item and a flat shipping rate, regardless of the quantity purchased, but so far people seem to prefer to buy from my etsy store at http://bubbasgemstones.etsy.com.

What sort of supplies do you sell?

We offer loose gemstones which I cut in my lapidary shop; and we offer precious metal findings and jewelry supplies.

What is your favorite item listed in your shop?
That's a tough question, because I really like them all. But I especially like the frog and fish bead cap sets which can be used to make really cute necklaces and/or bookmarks.

Do you make jewelry, or do you just sell jewelry supplies?
I used to make jewelry and cut stones all the time, but lately I've been too busy making sure that sold orders are shipped promptly.

Any specials going on that you'd like to tell readers about?
Any customer who sends a convo indicating that they saw my shop featured in the "support your community" series blog post will receive a 5% discount for their entire order (excluding shipping costs) - offer begins 2/25/2009 and ends 3/3/2009. Also, I provide free shipping via USPS first class mail for orders totalling at least $100 (not including shipping costs which are reimbursed). And, I provide free insurance for US orders totalling at least $100 (not including shipping costs which are reimbursed).







Featured Shop - ncCrafts
How did you get started selling on Etsy.com?
I got started selling because my daughter and I started making jewelry. I discovered I had NO talent for jewelry desing, but I loved beads and LOVED TO SHOP. I bought way too many beads and had to find somewhere to sell them. Etsy was the answer.

Is Etsy your only shop?
I have enjoyed the selling (and the shopping) and was attracted to those shiny, sparkly faceted briolettes. Viola a new shop was born: luxbeads.etsy offering faceted gemstones and briolettes.

What sort of supplies do you sell?
My first shop offers lots of high quality lead free metal alloy beads as well as lampwork, pearls, crystals (love shiny, sparkly) and other glass beads.

What is your favorite item listed in your shop?
Favorite item? that's hard. Perhaps the items on the second row of my mini shop
In my luxbeads shop, It is definetly the Fanta Mystic Topaz brios, or maybe the Lemon Topaz rondelles, or maybe the amethyst brios, or maybe... I love them all!

Do you make jewelry, or do you just sell jewelry supplies?
No, I do not make jewlery any longer. No talent, don't rub it in.

Any specials going on that you'd like to tell readers about?
I ALWAYS have some sort of special. Right now I have a section with clearance items $1.50 or less and I have most of my metal beads reduced 20@% to 50%. In additon, I am adding a new category called The Luxury Collection made up of larger, highly detailed, finely finished, metal beads with excellent craftsmanship.

1 comment:

  1. Good idea to have done interviews on suppliers too! Well put together!

    ReplyDelete